Want to feel like you are 12 again? Grab the new Versa, and ride it like you stole it !
From new paved roads to dirt, or no trail at all, the 2017 Versa has been redesigned to truly be the one bike you love to toss a leg over every day ! For 2017, the new Versa is made even lighter with a butted 3AL/2.5V certified titanium set. Like our prior Silverton ti, we stayed with a 1.75 inch down tube, ovalized in 2 planes, so you get torsional support up front, with added bottom bracket support for instant power at the other end of the tube.
The Versa starts out with a modified road geometry, so it offers you easy handling. We made the wheelbase a little longer for excellent road manners. However, it is ready for the weekly cross race too!
For great stopping in any weather, the Versa features disc brakes, and a laterally stiff front carbon fork. Again, the carbon gives you a bit of added smoothness, while the big blades make riding on paved road descents a joy with precise handling and great feel.
From beautiful dirt roads that take you to majestic views, to a ready to rumble urban warrior, or about any type of riding you can imagine, the Versa is ready to take you on an adventure every day!
- Stock sizes s, m, l, xl, with sloping top tube and ovailized main tubes
- Beautiful welds and details
- Main tubes are 3AL/2.5 V , with a cold-worked and stress relieved titanium for high strength and low weight
- Tapered head tube
- Finish: Brushed surface standard, paint and powder coat available at additional charge
- Brakes: Disc only
- Drop-outs, bb, frame fittings: 6/4 titanium, Breezer style to reduce flex, and they just look cool !
- Derailleur hanger: alloy tab mounted onto 6/4 drop-out for easy replacement
- Rack mounts: available at extra cost
- Max tire width: 38mm
- Post diameter: 27.2 mm
- BB: English (68)
Please allow up to 30 days delivery time for the Versa through the winter on stock sizes, and 45-60 days on custom builds
Custom build packages: Everything from Rival to Red, 105 to Dura Ace , wheels from Hed, Zipp, Stans, Rolf, Mavic, etc.
Call or send us an email for pricing on full bike packages with the component spec you want , i.e, Rival 11, Avid 7 mech, and Stans wheels- and we will get you a price quote based on your custom build !
Versa: Sampson coined the Versa name for our mixed-use 531 Reynolds steel road frame which included a Rock Shox Ruby fork, and MTB style shifting and gearing for a road bike with the ability to ride on pavement, dirt roads, etc. with speed and comfort, ,circa 1999!